The most common problem with an Arc being unable to receive an update is due to a limited connection to the mobile network. If the Arc can't receive enough signal strength, it can't connect to receive the update. Try moving your Arc to a spot with known cell signal and then plug it back in to complete the update. A new software upgrade will be pushed periodically.
There is a way you can check this but it is based on the firmware on your device. Please try both options below:
- Once the display on the Arc is turned on, hold the up and down keys for a few seconds. A screen that says "Device Info" should appear.
- Scroll down to "Modem" and click the select/play button
- There will be a number in the upper right hand corner. The smaller the number, the "better" the connection.
- 10-16 is a pretty good/typical range. If the number is above 18, there is no connection.
If you notice that the signal strength is a higher number than 18, there are some troubleshooting steps to try and receive the update:
- Move the device to another room and/or closer to the window and check the number again (this is testing if the device is just in a specific dead spot).
- If you have multiple Arcs, check the connectivity numbers side by side. If only one of those numbers is greater than 18, it could mean that there's an issue with the antenna on that specific device. If it's an antenna issue, please reach out to R-Zero Support for further assistance.
- If it looks like the whole property has low network connectivity, please reach out to R-Zero Support for further assistance.