If you are in need of a replacement cartridge, reach out to R-Zero Customer Support. Each replacement cartridge comes with 4 particulate screens.
*Please check state and local requirements regarding disposal of the UV lamp*
The cartridge is engineered as a sealed unit that contains UV lamps and is not user serviceable. No attempts should be made to remove end caps to get inside the cartridge. Doing so could pose a health threat and void your warranty.
- Cartridge should be changed when the indicator turns from a GREEN to AMBER to STEADY RED. When the light turns from green to amber there is 10% of life left in the cartridge. This occurs typically after one year of daily use. You must unplug the unit for one minute to allow the unit to reset.
- The particulate screen should be checked every 1-3 months. If there are heavy concentrations of contaminants in your indoor environment, such as pet dander or dust, you should clean and change the screen more frequently. To clean: rinse with mild detergent and hot water, dry, and replace.
1. To remove the grill- grasp and pull up the tab
2. Remove the particulate screen by pulling on tab
3. Remove cartridge by disconnecting the connector.
(Ensure the two white dots are aligned, grasp the metal handle, and pull the cartridge up.)
4. Pull cartridge out and lower the replacement cartridge into the unit. Re-attach the connector, re-install the particulate screen, and finally re-install the grill.